1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans of diced tomatoes (with chiles, if you'd like)
2 cans of great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
14 ounces of chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons gluten free flour
1. Brown turkey with onion in oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
2. Drain grease from browned turkey.
3. Add broth and about 1/2 cup of water, beans, tomatoes and spices. Bring to a boil.
4. Add spices and reduce heat to low.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes, add more water if needed.
6. Make a rue by stirring 2 tablespoons of gluten free flour and 2 tablespoons of water together. Slowly drizzle the rue over the chili while stirring. Continue to stir until the chili is the thickness you desire.
7. Serve with toppings of choice: shredded cheese* (dairy free if applicable), sour cream* (dairy free if applicable and chopped avocados.
Allergy free from: