1/3 cup mayo
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
2 cans of tuna
2 tablespoons pickle relish
1/8 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon dried parsley
8 slices of gluten free bread of choice
1 tomato sliced
4 slices of cheese* (dairy free if needed)
Butter* or butter alternative
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together mayo, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes if using.
3. Drain tuna, then add to mayo mix. Add pickle relish, onion, and parsley, then stir together.
4. Butter 4 slices of bread and place buttered side down on parchment paper.
5. Top unbuttered side with approximately 1/2 of tuna mixture, sliced tomato, and sliced cheese.
6. Butter remaining 4 slices of bread and place on top of each sandwich, butter side facing up.
7. Bake until cheese melts (5 to 6 minutes).
8. Serve with a side of chips or potato salad.
Servings: 4 sandwiches
Allergy free from: