Tacos make a great meal for the entire family because
everyone can personalize their taco exactly they way
Corn Taco Shells
1 lb ground beef, chicken or turkey
1 packet of gluten free taco seasoning
shredded Mexican cheese* (use Daiya, Follow
Your Heart for dairy free)
tomatoes, diced (fresh or from a can, drained)
black beans (drained and rinsed)
sour cream* (use Tofutti or Forager for dairy free)
1. In a sauce pan, brown the ground beef, chicken or turkey. While meat is cooking place your taco shells on a baking sheet and warm the oven up (see taco shell box for temperature).
2. When meat is cooked thoroughly, add taco seasoning and cook for a few more minutes. While the seasoning is cooking into the meat, wash and chop the onions, tomatoes, and lettuce.
3. When the meat is done, set it aside with a lid, to keep it warm.
4. Drain and rinse the black beans.
5. Place the taco shells in the oven for a few minutes to warm them, while they are warming, set up all the taco ingredients. I like to use prep bowls and line up the ingredients in order.
6. Remove the shells from the oven, being careful, place the taco shells on plates.
7. Place a few heaping tablespoons of seasoned ground meat in the taco shell. Then place a layer of cheese, it's important to place the cheese on the meat so it will melt (yum).
8. Place each ingredient in layers on each taco. Personalize it the way you like. I usually layer it as follows: meat, cheese, beans, tomatoes, onions, salsa verde, lettuce and sour cream.
Servings: 4 to 6 tacos
Allergy free from: