Roasted Mushroom Sandwich
1/4 cup panko crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
4 large portobello mushroom caps
4 hoagie buns (Schar sandwich rolls are gluten free)
4 ounces fresh mozzarella
1/4 cup graded parmesan
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the broiler.
2. In small bowl, combine panko with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp oregano. Set aside.
3. Wash mushroom caps, place on baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Place in the oven and broil until tender (4 to 6 minutes).
4. While mushrooms are broiling, slice fresh mozzarella and grate parmesan.
5. Remove the mushrooms from oven and cut in 1/2 inch thick slices.
6. Divide cooked mushrooms among buns. Top each with mozzarella and grated parmesan.
7. Broil until cheese melts (1 to 2 minutes). Top with the panko mixture and broil until golden brown.
8. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Servings: 4 sandwiches
Allergy free from: