Potato Leek Soup
1 to 3 leeks, chop white and light green parts
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds of yellow potatoes, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth (can sub with chicken broth)
2 cups water
3 tablespoons thyme
dash of sea salt
1 cup canned coconut milk, drain off the liquid first, use the thick milk only*
(can use heavy cream if not dairy free)
chives (for topping)
1. Add olive oil (to lightly cover to pan bottom) to a large sauce pan or stock pot.
2. Add garlic and leeks, stirring often, heat until soft. Cook on medium-low heat.
3. Add broth and water, stir well and bring to a simmer.
4. Add potatoes and spices, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
5. Add the coconut milk (or heavy cream) and stir, bring back to a simmer.
6. Let the soup simmer long enough to thicken up a little. If the soup doesn't thicken, add in a roux.
7. Serve with chives on top.
Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Allergy free from: