This low FODMAP, sugar free*, egg free version of these as well.
*There is applesauce, but in limited amounts it would be okay for low FODMAP.
2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
1/3 cup organic cane sugar (for sugar free use 3 to 4 tablespoons of monk fruit)
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or canola oil
1 1/3 cup water (more if the batter is too thick)
1/2 cup applesauce* or 2 flax eggs (click HERE to learn more)
1. In a medium bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together, set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix applesauce, water, and melted coconut oil (making sure it's not still hot).
3. Stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly moistened. (It is okay if the batter is a bit lumpy.)
4. Let batter sit for 20 minutes for best results.
5. Cook the pancakes over medium-high heat in a skillet (with a pat of butter*) or on a griddle at around 350 degrees. Cook until the tops are bubbly and the bottoms are slightly browned, then turn.
6. Serve hot with maple syrup.
STORING: You can easily freeze pancakes for future breakfasts. They are easy to reheat in the microwave or in a toaster.
Servings: 12 - 18 pancakes (varies w/size)
Allergy free from:
Nuts* (not coconut free)