I have made a low FODMAP, sugar free, egg free version of
these as well. Click HERE for that recipe.
2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
1/3 cup organic white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup melted butter (use a dairy free substitute*)
1 1/3 cup water
2 eggs* (egg free option, use flax egg, click HERE
to learn more)
OPTIONAL: 4 tablespoons cocoa
1. In a medium bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa (optional) and salt together, set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk 2 eggs, then add in water and melted butter (making sure it's not still hot).
3. Stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly moistened. (It is okay if the batter is a bit lumpy.)
4. Let batter set for 20 minutes for best results.
5. Cook the pancakes over medium-high heat in a skillet (with a pat of butter*) or on a griddle at around 350 degrees. Cook until the tops are bubbly and the bottoms are slightly browned, then turn.
6. Serve hot with butter*, fruit, syrup, honey, etc.
OPTIONS: You can add chocolate chips* (Enjoy Life for dairy and gluten free) or fruit to the batter when cooking the pancakes.
STORING: You can easily freeze pancakes for future breakfasts. They are easy to reheat in the microwave or in a toaster.
Servings: 12 - 18 pancakes (varies w/size)
Allergy free from: