Fried Breaded Okra
4 cups okra (frozen or fresh, sliced)
2 to 3 eggs
1 cup gluten free panko crumbs, use more if needed
(Jeff Nathan Creations Chef Gourmet, is certified GF)
1/4 canola oil/olive oil, add more in for each batch
optional: spices added to the panko crumbs like
garlic powder, onion powder, spices you love (about 1/2
to 1 tablespoon of each spice)
1. Whisk 2 eggs in a medium bowl.
2. Place panko crumbs (& spices) in medium bowl.
3. In a large skillet, preheat oil (add more, if needed) on medium to medium-high (stovetops vary).
4. Once oil is hot, dip sliced okra in eggs (about 1/2 cup at a time), roll in panko crumbs & spices, then place in skillet. Turn okra over once the bottom side has browned.
5. Depending on the size of your skillet, this may take 2 batches.
6. Serve warm.
Allergy free from: