6 to 8 medium to large potatoes diced up small (russets,
red or golden)
1/4 cup of butter* or butter substitute (like Earth Balance)
1 pound of ground beef (can sub with ground turkey
or ground chicken)
1 cup of veggies of choice (peas, corn, green beans,
broccoli or cauliflower work well)
4 tablespoons of water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Boil diced potatoes in water until tender.
3. While potatoes are boiling, brown your ground beef using a stovetop safe casserole dish. Add in onion if desired.
4. Once ground beef is cooked, add in vegetables and water and let cook on low, covered for about 5 to 10 minutes.
5. While veggies are cooking, drain potatoes and add butter* (or Earth Balance) and whip with mixer until mashed potatoes are formed.
6. Scoop potatoes on top of the meat and veggie mixture and spread evenly.
7. Cook in the oven until the potatoes start to brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
Allergy free from: