Chocolate Chip Cookies
Paleo and low FODMAP (using noted substitutes)
1/2 cup butter, or butter substitute*, softened
(dairy free substitutes: Earth Balance, Country Crock -
1/3 cup raw honey, or maple syrup (for low FODMAP)
1/4 coconut sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1 egg, or 1/3 cup applesauce (for egg free)
1 cup cassava flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (corn free for paleo)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life for gluten and dairy free)
1. Preheat oven to 350°, then line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter/butter substitute, honey/maple syprup, coconut sugar, vanilla, and egg/applesauce until smooth.
3. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then stir in chocolate chips.
4. Chill the dough for 20 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. Scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheets (about 2 inches apart).
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are golden on top.
7. Let cookies sit on baking sheets for 15 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
*Cookies are soft and chewy at room temperature and more firm (but chewy) after refrigerated.
Storage: in plastic baggie or food storage container in the pantry for 3 days. Can be refrigerated for 7 days.
Servings: 18 cookies
Allergy free from:
Nuts* (not coconut free