Brussel Sprout Flatbread
Flatbread is a low calorie meal that can be made many different ways.
Feel free to customize your flatbread to include your favorite base/sauce,
vegetables, cheese and spices! We find having a main vegetable that you
really enjoy works best as a base ingredient for all your flatbread recipes.
We choose to use brussel sprouts.
Flatbread (you can use already prepared flatbread, make
one from scratch, or our favorite is using pizza crust)
1 pound brussel sprouts (sliced up small)
1/2 medium onion (diced up)
1 bell pepper (diced up)
1/2 pint of mushrooms (sliced or diced up)
4 strips of cooked bacon (or bacon bits work)
1/4 cup crumbled feta/blue cheese/fresh mozzarella/gorgonzola cheese* (use Violife or Daiya for diary free)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Get out a sheet pan and line with parchment paper.
3. Place all vegetables, spread out, on sheet and drizzle with olive oil (or oil of or your choice).
4. Roast vegetables for approximately 15 minutes, in preheated oven.
5. Remove roasted vegetables from the oven, spread over the flatbread and top with diced up bacon and cheese of your choice. OPTIONAL: use a base on your flatbread: olive oil (or oil of your choice), sauce (ranch, alfredo, etc.) You do not need a sauce for it to be delicious!
6. Place sheet pan with flatbread and roasted vegetables back in oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.
Allergy free from: