Baked Powdered Donuts
free from: gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, and low FODMAP
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax meal, 5 tablespoons water)
1 1/2 cup flax milk or almond milk (use cow's milk
if you are not avoiding dairy)
1/2 cup canola oil or olive oil (neutral-flavored oil
would be best)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup tiger nut flour
1 cup banana flour
1 cup organic cane sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease donut baking pan and set aside.
2. Start by making the flax eggs, to speed up the process use hot water. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl whisk the milk, oil, and vanilla together, set aside.
4. In a medium bowl mix flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
5. Whisk the flax eggs into the wet mixture, then slowly add in the dry ingredients, mixing well (use a mixer if needed).
6. Spoon the batter into the donut baking pan, using a pastry bag with a round tip would work well too.
7. Bake on the middle oven rack for 15 to 19 minutes, until a toothpick inserted shows only a few moist crumbs.
8. Remove donuts from the oven and sit on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
9. Remove donuts from the donut baking pans onto a cooling rack.
10. Place powdered sugar on a large plate and dip the donuts in the powdered sugar. The powdered sugar will stick better while the donuts are warm.
Storage: Once cool, place in baggies and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. These donuts keep well in the freezer and are easy to heat up in the microwave. Suggestion - place each donut in an individual baggie for easy one serving breakfasts. *Add a fresh layer of powdered sugar once warmed up.
Servings: 12 donuts
Allergy free from: