Baked Maple Donuts
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg* (use flax egg for egg free)
2 egg whites* (use flax egg for egg free)
for this recipe use 2 flax eggs click HERE
on tips for baking and how to make a flax egg
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons applesauce
1/4 cup cow's milk or dairy free milk* (flax milk, almond milk,
coconut milk, soy milk, rice milk)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease donut baking pan and set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then stir in maple syrup, applesauce and milk.
3. Mix in baking soda, salt and coconut flour.
4. Divide batter evenly between 6 donut molds.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let donuts cool on cooling rack.
7. Top with maple glaze.
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon maple extract
1 teaspoon water (more if needed)
Mix all glaze ingredients together until consistency you prefer for glaze. Letting it sit for a few minutes helps or placing it in the refrigerator for a few minutes will thicken it up. Drizzle on top of cooled donuts.
Storage: Once cool, place in baggies and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. These donuts keep well in the freezer and are easy to heat up in the microwave. Suggestion - place each donut in an individual baggie for easy one serving breakfasts.
Servings: 6 donuts
Allergy free from:
Nuts (not coconut)